Proposal on New Enterprise Creation Training Programme on Coir Products
To promote entreprenuership in the coir sector and IIE will organise a programme of duration
Phase I: class room training at IIE on entrepreneurship:2 weeks
PhaseII: Skill development training on coir products with coir board: 1 week
PhaseIII: Exposure visit at Kerala, 1 weeks
PhaseIV:Approach to enterprise launching, Market survey, Project Report
Preparation/ need based support for enterprise development: 2 weeks
The following will be the board content of the training programme.
1. Entrepreneurship in the coir sector-overview.
2. Enterprises development inputs for coir based products.
3. Resources for coir based entrepreneurship.
4. Market and Marketing of coir products.
5. Technology for coir product development.
6. Skill require for coir based product development.
7. Exposure with the coir industries.
8. Project planning and preparation of project report.
9. Institutional support for enterprise development.
10. Legal formalities for enterprise development.
The programme is intended to benefit prospective entrepreneurs of the region. Attempts will be made to take participation from the entire northeastern region. The state governments will be requested to sponsor at least two candidates for undergoing the training. However , intake will be absolutely based on candidate's genuine interest for enterprise launching in coir sector.